After I failed to make the playoffs in football and basketball this year, and my March Madness bracket was completely demolished, I thought I’d try my hand at fantasy baseball. I’ve never played the fantasy version, so I didn’t really know what to expect. When I logged on a few days ago, I entered the draft for a league of 8 teams. The first thing I noticed was that the baseball version had much more styles of play to choose from. I’ve played in H2H leagues in football and basketball so far, so I figured this would be a safe bet. Also, the lineups are definitely different. In baseball you have 25 players. Since I didn’t really have any time to study, I just auto-drafted my team. Even then, I ended up with some really good names that I was able to recognize.
After Opening Day yesterday, my scores started flooding in, and honestly they looked pretty dismal. But then again, so did my opponent’s.
Here’s a list put together by ESPN’s Matthew Berry:
1. Mat Latos Friar Breathing Fists (@Bruvydsb10)
2. The House. (Why? Because the House always wins! via @Digs79)
3. B. Inge Drinking (via @b3r2y)
4. Kershawshank Redemption (via @KNLawlz)
5. My Dinner with Andrus (via @dlhauser)
6. Openly Bay (@aL3481)
7. Hameltime! (@drejay25)
8. Tabata Bing! (@BDC_Pain)
9. FIP 2 Be Square (@SwinAbe)
10. Frozen CarGoNite (@nilsilly)
Anyway, it can’t get any worse this fantasy sports season. My brackets suck: